Services You want to achieve your growth goals and that requires insights drawn from your audience, your competition, the market and your own organization. After all, knowing what your audience wants and your competition can’t deliver is a proven road to greater success.
Our role is to provide you with the data, analysis and strategic insight necessary to turn opportunities into a profitable reality.
Below is a brief overview of our services.
Market research is all about understanding your audience. Who they are. What they want. What they need. What they perceive and what they expect.
From this work comes valuable insight that influences what you offer the audience, your pricing, distribution strategies and promotional efforts. This work also drives your lead generation, nurturing and retention efforts because you will understand the questions they have at each stage of their buying process — as well as where they go to find those answers.
Our specific services include:
- Focus Groups (Online, Face-to-face)
- In-depth Interviews (Telephone, Face-to-face)
- Surveys (Mail, Email, Online, Telephone)
- Mystery Shopping
You need to understand how your competition thinks. How they act. What they are really doing versus what you think they are doing. Their strengths. Their weaknesses. Their mission and vision. Their resources.
And you need to know these things in order to differentiate your business. To play to your strengths and their weaknesses. Because if you don’t know your competition, you’re guessing. And data-driven decision making is a much more effective way of limiting risk and increasing your ability to turn opportunities into profitable realities.
Your competitive intelligence analysis typically covers the following areas, but can easily be customized.
- SWOT Analysis
- Key sell-against strategy points
- Sales figures for the past 1-2 years (depending on availability of data)
- Key customers
- Recent wins 3-year plan
- Customer satisfaction
- Consulting, service and support
- Technology platforms, manufacturing processes
- Product marketing
- Offering strategy
- Pricing strategy and practices
- Product feature and functions
- Value proposition
- Messaging about themselves
- Competitor’s messaging about the client International presence
- Key markets Key points of differentiation
The findings from the market research and competitive intelligence will provide valuable insights – and they will also raise question that are addressed during the market opportunity assessment. By addressing questions like those listed below, we work with you to develop an understanding of the market opportunity that exists for your products, services in the marketplace.
But the market assessment goes beyond looking at the market today – it also provides a picture of where the industry is headed, what the short term and long term demand for your products and services will be and develop recommendations for your organization to take advantage of these trends and opportunities.
The market assessment will address questions and topics such as the these:
- What are the markets perceptions of your organization and your existing products and services?
- How do customers and prospects perceive your organization’s offerings versus competitors’ offerings?
- What do customers want in terms of products and services?
- What are the current drivers and motivators for obtaining these products and services?
- What are the future drivers and motivators for obtaining these products and services?
- What are the unmet market and customer needs?
- What is the current and future demand for these products and services?
- What is the size and what is the growth rate of this segment?
- What product / service offering does your organization need to develop and offer to this audience to attract a larger percentage of the marketplace?
- What are the market and industry trends affecting the purchase of your products and services in the marketplaces?
- What are buyers spending on these products and services?
- Are there opportunities for your organization to create new product offerings and services?
- What opportunities exist for your organizations existing products and services?
- Are there opportunities for expansion into new markets and market areas?
- What products and services does your organization have to develop to attract new customers both domestically and internationally?
- How can your organization motivate prospects to buy your product and services offerings?
- What are the product and service requirements of the marketplace, both short and long term?
- What opportunities exist for creating and establishing partnerships and alliances?
Your success will come from capturing and analyzing the right data in order to drive valuable insights and effective decision making. That requires gathering data from a variety of sources and storing them for easy, timely access. And it requires a process, a discipline that permeates your organization – that thirst for knowledge so that everyone on your team can make informed decisions that are in the best interest of the customer and the organization.
mcgraw | marketing will work with you on the following areas in order to help your organization benefit from the power of business intelligence.
- Database strategy and objectives development
- Database marketing process design
- Database specification and design
- List segmentation strategy and plans development
- Developing contact management strategies and plans
- Developing predictive models
- Database testing and analysis
- Database marketing software requirements, specification and selection
Highly successful organizations invest in planning because that’s where their organization’s leaders come together and map out the goals, objectives, strategies and tactics as well as the budgets, timelines, milestones. And they communicate that plan across the organization so that everyone understands the plan and their role in it.
mcgraw | marketing works with your leadership team on the development of your strategic plan and on the communication of that plan to the entire organization. We also help your leaders with training and developing their teams so that they are capable of bringing the plan to life in everything they do.
Our strategic planning services address:
- Strategic marketing plan development
- Marketing inventory assessment
- Business situation and opportunity analysis
- Market identification, needs and trends analysis
- Market assessment and forecasting
- Market research and competitive analysis
- Marketing metrics and analysis
- Routes-to-market planning
You have the strategic plan, now you need the tactical plan that ensures the right message and offer reaches the right person at the right time via the right channel in order to produce the right result. And you need to achieve certain key metrics which requires a process for testing, tracking and reporting in order to:
- Lower the cost per sale
- Increase average order size
- Increase order frequency
- Increase retention rates
- Increase referrals
- Campaign planning and budgeting
We work closely with your team to develop an integrated marketing campaign that addresses the following factors – and we can also help manage the implementation of this plan, if necessary.
- Marketing Communications assessments and audits
- Campaign planning and budgeting
- Media research, planning and acquisition
- Advertising testing, measurement and performance analysis
- Lead generation and nurturing programs
- Customer retention and loyalty programs
- Campaign project management
- Trade show and event planning and management
- Call center and customer service management
- Referral programs
As your Interim CMO, we provide your growth-oriented organization with a highly experienced marketing executive for a fraction of the cost of hiring a full-time senior-level marketing executive.
Focused on bringing your leadership team’s vision for growth to life with in an insightful, actionable and measurable strategic marketing plan that delivers results.
As your Interim CMO, you will enjoy an affordable solution that can be configured for both part-time or full-time assignments that typically last one to six months. For a fraction of the cost of a full-time employee, you gain access to an experienced marketing executive that can step in and lead daily sales and marketing activities for your company.
A typical relationship includes:
- One or more on-site days per week
- Leading daily sales and marketing operations including agency relationships
- Working with your leadership team on strategic planning
- Unlimited access via phone, email and web conferencing.
Areas of expertise, in addition to direct daily marketing operations in order to attract and retain profitable clients to your business include:
- New Product Strategy Development
- Market Expansion Strategy
- Product Diversification Strategy
- Market Opportunity Analysis
- Competitive Market Analysis
- Market Segmentation Strategy
- Competitive Pricing Strategy
- Competitive Positioning Strategy
- Brand Positioning Strategy
- Product Positioning Strategy
- Go To Market Strategy
- New Product Launch Strategy